Back-to-School Brigade® Family Events
Back-to-School Brigade® is Operation Homefront’s annual nationwide school supply collection and distribution campaign. Service member’s eligible dependents can receive free back to school supplies, including backpacks, through this assistance program. Since its inception, Operation Homefront has distributed over 480,000 backpacks to military children saving military families nearly $50M in school expenses. Over 13 years, Dollar Tree Inc. and Operation Homefront have collected and distributed school supplies to military children each school season.
Operation Homefront is honored to be able to provide back to school supplies free to our military families. Supplies are limited and are on a first come, first served registration process. Please note that these events are for DEERS enrolled military dependent children only who will be in Kindergarten through 12th grade for the 2022/2023 school year.
GET INVOLVED AS A SUPPORTER
- Our collection bins can be placed in your office, store, church, or school – we will provide the signage. Just contact your local field office.
- You can collect supplies and gift cards at your company and we will use them next year.
- Help us distribute supplies in your area.
- Become a volunteer and help pick up donated school supplies from a local location (volunteer sign-up opens in early June).
- Make a tax deductible donation to help military families through our Back-to-School Brigade® and other programs.
Follow us on Facebook for up-to-date information on all the great things happening at Operation Homefront.
Thank you to our partners who help make it easier for our military families to receive free back to school supplies. If you are interested in becoming a partner for this campaign or our Holiday Campaign, contact our Development Team.