Since 2002, Operation Homefront has been proudly serving America’s military families. Our organization provides relief, resiliency, and recurring family support programs and services throughout the year to help military families overcome short-term difficulties so they don’t become long-term hardships. Operation Homefront has consistently earned high ratings from leading charity rating services, including Charity Navigator, which gave Operation Homefront 4 Stars for 11 consecutive years for superior service and accountability. At Operation Homefront, 88 percent of expenditures go directly toward delivering programs and services to the military families who need it most.
Mission Vision and Values
Build strong, stable, and secure military families so they can thrive—not simply struggle to get by—in the communities that they’ve worked so hard to protect.
A key aspect of our mission is to ensure that military families have access to the support and resources they need to stay strong, stable, and secure in the face of adversity. As a military family support organization, we strive to provide respect and understanding to our military families while ensuring that all families in need of assistance receive it.
To be the provider of choice for short-term and Critical Financial Assistance, long-term stability, and recurring support programs to military families.
- Do What’s Right: Our actions must always reflect the best interests of the military families we seek to serve.
- Respect Others: Recognizing the multiplicative power inherent in a diverse workforce, we prioritize creating a collaborative, trust-based working environment that values dignity, teamwork, and each individual’s contribution to our collective mission.
- Perform With Excellence: Our troops and their families work tirelessly to protect the freedoms we enjoy daily and they deserve our very best efforts to support them. To do so, we must stay focused on our mission, be accountable and strive to exceed their expectations.
- Gratitude: As a conduit by which Americans are able to show their appreciation for all that our military community does on our behalf, we must reflect this appreciation and be grateful to all who help us accomplish our mission.
By connecting the American donor community to our military families through a robust array of valued and life-changing programs that address the specific short-term and Critical Financial Assistance, long-term stability, and recurring support needs they experience, Operation Homefront is able to help military families overcome many of the challenges inherent in military life. The result: stronger, more stable, and more secure military families. Our programs include:
RELIEF PROGRAMS: SHORT-TERM ASSISTANCE
- Critical Financial Assistance
- Transitional Housing – Villages
- Transitional Housing – Apartments
- Transitional Homes for Veterans
RESILIENCY PROGRAM: LONG-TERM STABILITY
RECURRING FAMILY SUPPORT PROGRAMS
- Star-Spangled baby showers
- Homefront Celebrations
- Holiday Meals for Military
- Holiday Toy Drive
- Back-to-School Brigade
- Military Child of the Year
holiday meals to military and veteran families.
housed in Permanent Homes for Veterans surpassing over $102M in deeded home equity to military families.
given in relief through the Critical Financial Assistance program with over 53,000 requests fulfilled.
saved in school supplies for parents. Provided over 500,000 backpacks with school supplies to military children.
Brig Gen John I. Pray, Jr., USAF, Retired
President & CEO
CPA, Chief Financial & Administrative Officer
Chief Revenue Officer
Brig Gen Robert D. Thomas, USAF, Retired
Chief Operating Officer
Our corporate partners have been essential in helping us serve America’s military families by providing the necessary resources and support to ensure the best outcome for our families. We have worked with small businesses, large corporations, and everyone in between to ensure that our military families have the opportunity to remain strong, stable, and secure.
Operation Homefront is grateful to our corporate partners and their commitment to improving the lives of military and veteran families in our communities.
At Operation Homefront, Inc., we are dedicated to supporting America’s military families with transparency and efficiency. We employ various channels, such as email, postal mail, and phone, to communicate with our supporters and potential donors. We understand that these families have worked tirelessly to protect our nation and we want to ensure that they thrive, not merely get by. To that end, we allocate the majority of our fundraising costs to program services, in accordance with the guidelines set by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). As a nonprofit organization serving America’s military families, we strive to use our donors’ money efficiently and effectively.
Sign up to receive all the latest news from Operation Homefront.