Operation Homefront presents Cornerstone Award
to Bob Deforge of Pratt & Whitney
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS — Operation Homefront, the national nonprofit serving America’s military families, has presented its 2023 Cornerstone Award to Bob Deforge, Director for Customer Requirements, Pratt & Whitney Military Engines.
Operation Homefront presents the Cornerstone Award to individuals who have gone above and beyond to help Operation Homefront transform how it serves military families and delivers its mission. Much like the cornerstone of a building represents an indispensable structure, this group of notable and influential award recipients have helped provide the underpinning of support that continues to propel our critical mission to serve America’s military families forward.
“Bob’s clear passion for our mission has been driving force behind the extraordinary success of our special 12-year partnership with Pratt & Whitney. All agree, he has been a tireless champion for the military community and has rallied support company-wide for our joint efforts,” said Brig. Gen. (ret.) John I. Pray Jr., president and CEO of Operation Homefront. “Bob can take great pride in knowing he has been responsible for the celebration and recognition of hundreds of military children through our highly regarded Military Child of the Year Award program.”
About Bob Deforge – Director for Customer Requirements, Pratt & Whitney Military Engines
Bob “Strombo” Deforge, Colonel, U.S. Marine Corps (Retired) is the Director for Customer Requirements, Pratt & Whitney Military Engines and leads the Customer Integration Team (CIT) which represents seven domestic strategic field offices serving Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps customers. A 28-year Marine Corps veteran with numerous honors, Bob has long been an advocate of support for military families. He has been the key player in advancing a very special 12-year partnership between Operation Homefront and Pratt & Whitney that has been responsible for recognizing and celebrating hundreds of military children across the nation through Operation Homefront’s Military Child of the Year ® awards program. He has encouraged the active participation of senior leaders, helping to secure attendance of senior leadership to our annual gala, inspiring the next generation of leaders to reach for the stars and honoring the sacrifices of the youngest members of the military family who serve courageously with their families, and make a positive impact on their families, their schools, and their communities. Bob was also instrumental in increasing the value of the awards these exemplary kids and has helped OH to expand reach to secure additional MCOY nominations annually from the service branches.
The Cornerstone Award was instituted in 2015. Previous recipients include:
- Gina Collins – former Chief Marketing Officer, Outback Steakhouse
- Kathy Cox – former Senior Manager, Walmart Foundation
- Chelle Davis – Manager, Investor Relations, Dollar Tree
- Loren Dorshow – Executive Director, Car Donation Foundation
- Ed Delgado – former CEO, The Five Star Group
- Ali Haralson – President, Auction.com
- Camille Jenkins - former Vice President National Customer Relations, Meritage Homes Corporation
- Jenny Jonker – Brand Experience Manager, General Mills
- John Kitchens – Director of Corporate Citizenship, CSX Corporation
- Marc Knowles – Global Military Team Leader, P&G
- Jamie Little – Senior Director, Talent Acquisition, Employer Brand and Corporate Social Responsibility, Choice Hotels
- Peter McGuinness – former President and COO, Chobani
- Len McMorrow – Senior Vice President, Default Recovery & Litigation, U.S. Bank
- Mike Monroe - Director, Veterans Initiatives, A. James & Alice B. Clark Foundation
- Tony Montalto – President and COO, The Bob & Dolores Hope Foundation
- Heather Prill - Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships & Programs, The Home Depot Foundation
- Ken Ruff - former VP, National Accounts, Beam Suntory
- Rusty Smallwood - former AVP REO-Manager, JPMorgan Chase
- Emily Weaver, Brand Partnerships, Chevrolet Customer Influence
- Jim Zeumer, Vice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications at PulteGroup
About Operation Homefront
Operation Homefront is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to build strong, stable, and secure military families so that they can thrive – not simply struggle to get by – in the communities they have worked so hard to protect. Recognized for superior performance by leading independent charity oversight groups, 85 percent of Operation Homefront expenditures go directly to programs that support tens of thousands of military families each year. Operation Homefront provides critical financial assistance, transitional and permanent housing, and family support services to prevent short-term needs from turning into chronic, long-term struggles. Thanks to the generosity of our donors and the support from thousands of volunteers, Operation Homefront proudly serves America’s military families. For more information, visit Operation Homefront.